I just baked a double batch of Pumpkin Muffins today. I experimented with chocolate chips after seeing a friend’s chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe. They turned out really good! Here’s the revised recipe:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes for mini-muffins or 35 minutes for regular sized muffins
Yield: 6 dozen mini-muffins or 3 dozen muffins
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cups fresh shredded pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare the baking pans by either buttering and flouring them, spraying the pans with nonstick cooking spray, or lining them with paper muffin liners or parchment paper.
- Sift the dry ingredients together: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin and chocolate chips.
- Once the ingredients are all incorporated, scoop into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes for mini-muffins or 35 minutes for regular sized muffins. Since ovens vary, start checking the muffins when your kitchen starts to smell really good. When the muffins are done, a knife or toothpick inserted into the middle of a center muffin will come out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Reheat in broiler or toaster oven for best results.
Substitute leftover Halloween candy for the the chocolate chips! Just cut up chocolate bars into bite sized pieces and fold in with the shredded pumpkin. Hershey bars and M&M’s are the obvious choices, but feel free to experiment with Snickers, Almond Joy, etc.!
- Reduced Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Delicious Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Decadent Oreo Truffles Recipe
- Hearty Chili Cheese Dip Recipe
- Oreo Truffles Recipe Update